Monday, August 6, 2007

The Rolling Stones

Life used to be so good.

One day I'm sitting around and this other chick calls me and asked me if I want to drop some acid and see The Stones. I was like, "You can't be serious." She laughed. She knew me so well, man. We had a great time. Stevie Wonder opened the show and really was wonderful. I was really, really impressed, man. But the guy behind us who was drinking from a gallon of Spanada wine passed out and didn't wake up until everybody was stomping the floor wanting the Stones to do an encore. I felt sorry for the dude. Afterwards we were standing in the parking lot of The Forum and somebody handed me a lit joint out of their car window. After I finished that, I nearly passed out, man.

But what this really far out chick didn't know was that two days before that I'd tried to get Stones tickets at the forum but failed. I failed even though I stood in line for like two days. It was so sad, man.

More and more people showed up at The Forum box office for tickets. Must have been thousands. Everybody was being cool and partying, you know. But as it grew later people began to like inch their way closer to the front by the box office, nobody wanted to be left out. Since some people were sneakily advancing their way closer to the front of the line, I had this brilliant idea. There was a whole lot of these parking lot dividers, the sawhorse type, sitting across the street doing nothing, so my friend and I lifted a few so that we could establish our area around the box office. Then you needed a password to get back in.
Wonderful, right? But then the people around our cordoned off area were getting invaded, and they went and lifted some partitions. And then the people around them did the same thing. After awhile you had to know a half dozen passwords if you wanted to get back to where I was. So everybody just stayed put and camped out all night, getting high, whatever.

The last of the heavyweight party people were just starting to crash when the sun began to come up. That's when everything changed. Somebody stood up and stretched, then everybody started jumping to their feet and pushing forward, man! As everybody packed in sardine style the partitions all came down. Everybody finally mellowed out until they opened the box office. Then everybody freaked out and started pushing towards the front. It got so bad that they stopped selling tickets to my line until everybody mellowed out. My line didn't move for about an hour. Then, oh, man. They ran out of tickets the couple before me and my friend. Bummer, man!

So, here I am sitting at home thinking, "I guess the universe just didn't want me to go to see the Stones." But when my girlfriend called I suddenly realized, the universe just didn't want me to pay for it man! Far out!

What a cool chick, I think about her to this day. She ended up being a DJ at a radio station in San Francisco, last I heard.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: