Monday, July 23, 2007

Everywhere We Went

Sometimes I'd be sitting around with nothing to do, you know, out of pot, nobody around, and it was like all you had to do was walk around to find something going on somewhere. People would take one look at your long hair and know that you were cool. It wasn't such an uptight society back then, not all this paranoia going around these days. ..................................................................... *...................................................................................................................................................................... One day I was bored and just stuffed a copy of Zap comics in my overalls and headed down the street and these chicks were like, "Hey!" And one of them wasn't wearing pants. But they were like, come on in, listen to some music, so I did. But I was really looking to score some pot, man, so I boogied on down the railroad tracks to see if anyone was hangin' out under the bridge. *...................................................................................................................................................................... There was nobody there so I read my Zap Comic (There's a picture of that particular issue here somewhere) and then decided to keep on truckin'. Now I'm going down the street and some guy is smokin' a joint out in his front yard and says, "Wanna get high?" Oh God, did I. So we talked for a little bit and smoked this number. I don't know what the hell it was, but all of a sudden I thought that I was going to pass out, and so thanked my new friend and began to walk home. But I only got about 20 feet before I had to sit down on the curb because I was going to pass out, man. From there on it was 20 feet at a time, all the way home. But that wasn't as bad as when I left my friend's house after smoking pot, hash and peyote. I mean, at least I could find my way home. I didn't even know that you could smoke peyote, man. Anyway, I made it home before I passed out. Alright! *...................................................................................................................................................................... Things were just that way, man. They were cool. One day me and some friends are sitting on the sidewalk in the Village and my friend Stoney sees this beautiful chick walking by and says, "Let's f**k!" And she stops and looks at us and says, "No. But I'll have a cigarette with you." And just sits down and visits with us. Far out, man. Not everybody was like that, but Stoney was from Detroit. *....................................................................................................................................................................... In those days it was so easy to just hook up with other people. Everybody was cool, man. A whole different attitude prevailed in our society. I mean, you know. One night I'm hitch hiking home from L.A. back to Pop's house in Downer about 10:30 PM and I got picked up by this beautiful chick driving a '67 Corvette. And she was, like, an erotic dancer, she told me. Worked at the Classic Cat. And she drove me all the way to Pops house. She was waiting for me to ask her in, but, well, ah jeeze, man, I just left my GIRLFRIEND's house man. I was like, 16, and didn't need any bad karma. Besides, how the hell would I explain that to Pops? He'd been cool about my girlfriend, but you know, that might have been too heavy. *....................................................................................................................................................................... It was an adventure anywhere you went back then. It was sort of like an adventure that everyone was taking together.

No comments: