Saturday, July 14, 2007

Easy Rider

Of course, Easy Rider was a great and popular counter culture film of the era. And here I am, with some friends of mine smoking a doob in Santa Monica and listening to the album In the Court of the Crimson King, which is like all one long song... I saw my first pot plant there growing by the front door.
13
And some long hair bearded guy knocks at the screen door and asks if Michael's around. Our host said, "No, Michael lives in the back house." The guy peers thrhough the screen door and says, "Can I have a token?" And our host said "Fer sure! Come on in." And while we finished off the number we were tokin', the long haired bearded guy tells us that he just got back from Peru.
Then he said that he had to split, thanked us for the smoke, and boogied on out the door.
13
We all looked at each other silently for a moment and then my friend says, "Was that Dennis Hopper?" And we were all like, yeah, man, that was Dennis Hopper. Hopper played Billy the Kid
in the movie Easy Rider, as if everybody didn't know.
13
So, later on we decide to head on to the back house where some people had grown the best freaking pot I ever had in my life. Dennis had already left, and so I sat at this table in the kitchen while somebody rolled a joint of this homegrown dynamite. Let me tell you, by the time we finished it I thought that I was going to pass out, so I had to sit there for awhile and adjust. Just try, you know, to maintain.
13
So, finallyI notice that everybody went out into the backyard but me, and I'm looking just too wasted and pathetic sitting there by my lonesome just because I thought that if I stood up I'd pass out and really look like a light weight. Finally I got up the nerve to try out my legs and went outside. And everybody's laughing and having a good time, and there's this beautiful chic sunbathing butt naked in front of everybody. The thing is, I'm only 15 years old right then, and just totally ripped, man. And I'm trying to be cool, but, well, I must not have been that cool, or somebody thought, hey, there's a kid here or something, 'cause she got this disturbed look and put on her towel. She was getting ready to perform in Oh Calcutta! which has a nude scene.
13
And all I could do is wonder why it was that people were so ashamed of the clothes that God had given them. Must be because of the dirty old perverts, I thought.
13

No comments: